Vicksburg's Old Court House Museum
Located in Vicksburg, MS the Old Court House Museum has housed antebellum and Civil War artifacts for years. The original Courthouse from 1859, this museum brings fun to learning about history for all ages!
Confederate flags, including one that was never surrendered, the tie worn by Jefferson Davis at his inauguration as Confederate President, fine portraits, china and silver, exquisite antique furniture, the trophy antlers won by the steamboat Robert E Lee in an 1870 race, antebellum clothing, toys, Indian and pioneer implements, and an original Teddy Bear given to a local child by Theodore Roosevelt are just a few of the thousands of artifacts which are housed in the Old Warren County Court House Museum- Eva W. Davis Memorial.
The Old Warren County Court House, built in 1858, stands today as Vicksburg’s most historic structure and has hosted such guests and speakers as Jefferson Davis, Ulysses S. Grant, Booker T. Washington, Teddy Roosevelt, and William McKinley. Won’t you visit us too?
Remember to follow us on Facebook!
Open until 5:00 PM during Daylight Savings Time
The Old Warren County Court House Museum is operated and maintained by the Vicksburg and Warren County Historical Society, a private, non-profit organization.